Acupuncturist Chris Kresser recently released an article outlining 5 foods that can help promote fertility and support pregnancy:
Here is the list, with further descriptions on the value of each item. Feel free to share this with all of your loved ones.
- Liver. ¬†Nutrient-dense liver provides a number of essential vitamins. ¬†Vitamin A, vitamin B12, iron, protein, zinc, and folate are all found in good amounts in liver. ¬†These components are necessary to support a healthy pregnancy.
- Egg yolks. ¬†A good source of choline, egg yolks are often overlooked for their nutrient package. ¬†Choline is essential for fetal brain development.
- Cold-water fish. ¬†The long-chain omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA are also important for fetal brain development. ¬†These good fats can be found in salmon, mackerel, herring and sardines.
- Cod liver oil. ¬†High in vitamins A & D, cod liver oil is another nutrient-dense food. ¬†It‚Äôs been suggested that up to 50% of women are deficient in vitamin D, therefore nutritional supplementation may be beneficial.
- Grass-fed dairy. ¬†Dairy is rich in fat-soluble vitamins A, D, K2 & E. ¬†A good source of saturated fat, yogurt and kefir are also good sources of beneficial bacteria that help promote the baby‚Äôs gut health.